A decade ago, when I hired my first coach, I had no clue what to expect. Come to think of it, that was the reason I didn’t approach a coach/mentor before.
Looking back, I realized how many opportunities I’ve missed. If only I knew the themes I could discuss with a coach/mentor, I would’ve gotten the support I needed earlier.
It would’ve saved me a ton of time, wasted efforts, money, going around in circles in confusion, crisis, and self-doubt.
When people approach me for support, I understand that they have the same challenge until then, of not knowing what to expect from a coaching & mentoring relationship.
So, I thought I’d put together this quick info for you. I hope it brings a lot more clarity and helps you get the most out of your coaching/mentorship relationship!
Here are the seven topics that you can discuss with a coach or mentor:
- I am not growing in my career. What can I do about it?
- How can I be a better leader and a good spouse/parent?
- What is my vision for life? What will make my life purposeful, meaningful?
2. Personal Power & Confidence
- Why do I hesitate to speak up? How can I address the constant sense of self-doubt?
- How can I be more confident in meetings & interactions?
- How can I make sure that I’m not standing in my own way through self-sabotaging thoughts?
3. Time & energy management
- How can I set my priorities to maximize success?
- How can I win back “me-time” and “family time”
- How can I ensure that I stay energized throughout the day and not tired and overwhelmed?
4. Personal Brand
- How do I define and communicate my personal brand?
- How can I position/upsell myself for attractive roles?
- What sort of mental/physical/skills conditioning do I need to do?
5. Influencing Stakeholders
- How do I influence people – across levels?
- How can I intentionally create my network?
- How do I leverage my network?
- How do I communicate my value?
- How can I effectively communicate so that people listen to me?
- How can I speak effectively in critical meetings & negotiations?
7. Crisis Management
- How can I turn around crises and conflicts in situations, relationships?
- How can I create a more harmonious work culture?
- How do I make my team members work together?
- What can I do about my bad boss?
This is just a guide for what you can expect from your coaching/mentorship relationships. When you’re ready schedule a conversation with me today and let’s discuss what kind of support would suit you the best.
Subscribe to our "Explore Your True Potential" newsletter.
Join our mailing list to receive more information.